Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Painting Roses

Posted by petalsbytinkerbell (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 3, 09 at 21:09

Hello ladies!! I just stumbled onto this site and thought I would offer some suggestions. Start by reading everything you can find on roses...painting books,patterns,gardening books and videos.Practise everything you read. Don't knock Donna Dewberry..if you can get her videos get them!! Also...Donna Lee Parella. If you can take painting lessons..do it....oil and acrylic. The way I learned how to paint was through trial and error. I was very frustrated and was in tears because I knew what I wanted to paint but didn't know how. Many artists did not want to share nor help...and because of that, I have decided to help everyone that asks. If you have any questions..please feel free to email me at maryspetals@rogers.com Or you could visit my web site sarneseart.com and petalsbytinkerbell my Ebay ID. I'm just in the middle of listing some new items. I'm also writing a book on my romantic roses which will be out next year!!!
Remember....never stop learning...
Mary

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Painting Roses

Hi Mary, I took a look at your site, and you have truly mastered painting a very romantic looking rose. I can paint a pretty decent one stroke rose, but would love to learn to do a more "fluffy" one like yours. Have you thought about doing a video?

I would like to invite you to come over to the Tole and Decorative Painting forum to share some of your knowledge and experience with us. We have a discussions side where we talk painting and post some pictures and a gallery section for posting pictures as well.

Here's a link for you.

Luvs

Here is a link that might be useful: Painting site

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here