Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cutting tea cups in half

Posted by glass-addiction (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 25, 08 at 19:44

hello everyone! newbie here needing help with cutting those tea cups in half. Im wanting to make wall pockets with cup and saucer. thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cutting tea cups in half

Hi Glass-Addiction, it's nice to have you join the forum. You'll meet some wonderful folks here. I'm sorry I can't help you but did want to welcome you. You might be able to do a "search" on the first page of the forum as it opens up - look for the "white" search box near the top and type in "cutting tea cups" - anyone who has posted something on that subject will come up and you can search those msgs.

Again, welcome to the forum.

Sal

o

Hi Newbie, Welcome to the forum. It's too much fun here. I could guess how to cut tea cups, but the people over at the Stained Glass and Mosaics Forum probably KNOW how to cut them. Linda

Here is a link that might be useful: Stained glass and Mosaic Forum

o

The best way I've found is with a tile saw.
here are some i've done

I have a friend who scores them with a glass cutter and then snips with tile snips. But it's hit and miss. Sometimes she destroys the cup.

o

Yours are awesome Robo !!!! Great job !

o

Your much better off with a small wet saw as mentioned before.
I have tried using nippers and sometimes the magic works and sometimes it doesn't.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here