Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mystery item

Posted by sistersunnie (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 14, 07 at 16:59

Rescued from the dump. Wooden, about 12 inches tall. The round base is about 6 inches in diameter. The hooks at the top and the one screw/nail in the bottom is rusty and old looking. The wood seems hand turned. What do you supposed it is? I dont know and havent decided what to do with it either, maybe a rack to hang jewelery, teatowels, christmas ornaments or dry herbs/flowers on?

Chime in Please!

Here is a link that might be useful: mystery item

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mystery item

My friend has something that looks similar to that and it holds her fireplace tools.

o

My first thought was a necklace holder. If you have a little girl, a coat tree for her Barbies, if it won't scratch her. Or, maybe you can get some Barbie size hangers and clothes to hang from it and display it in your bathroom or your laundry room.

o

my Mom had one of those and it held long handled stainless steel measuring spoons. When they came to me, she had gotten rid of the rack, so I just hung the spoons on the inside of the cabinet door. I smile everytime I use them!!

o

Yep, I used to have one of those. It came with my measuring spoons too. I got rid of it because I didn't have much counter space.

o

Yelp jaybird has it right, I had one with the measuring spoons but got rid of it and kept the spoons.

o

looks like it is one of those things that hold rubber stamps.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here