Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Take a Look at My $10 Haul! LOL

Posted by des_arc_ya_ya (My Page) on
Sat, Apr 12, 08 at 16:41

Local "junk/antique" shop going out of business and a friend and I went down and looked around. Had two sacks of "precious collectibles" and they cost me $10.00! LOL

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The tennis racket "thingie" I'm going to use for another picture frame. (Got that idea out of the first JunkMarket book.)The metal scoop of a thing may hold soap/something in the bathroom. The two rocks are highly polished, have felt on the bottom and are bookends. (Gave a $1.00 for them.) The little brush is gonna be hair for a Drew Carey picture (don't ask!). Then there's a set of four old casters. Gonna use them on an old iron grate for a boot dryer. (Also a JunkBeautiful idea.) Two little printer blocks - my DD's initials, a little turquoise colored pill reminder, two neat drawer pulls, fifty cents each, a little wire basket that I'm gonna put a clear glass in and use as a vase, a campy old picture that used to scare me to death as a child (and still kinda does...LOL) some kind of tong thingies, an old glass and metal tray and two pieces of wood that are gonna become the main part of a homemade quilt rack.

You like? LOL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Take a Look at My $10 Haul! LOL

I think you did very good. And you know what you want to do with everything...even better.
Maddya

o

Excellent finds at an excellent price, good job! I like your ideas for this stuff, hope you'll post pics when you can.

Sal

o

The tongs are for firewood. To move a log once it's in the firebox and is burning. Very handy if you have a fireplace.

Nice haul!

o

I can see those tongs holding a hanging flower pot ...
( Pot between the pinching ends )
That is quite a haul !

o

You did good!! Be sure to post pictures of the finished projects too!

o

That "Guardian Angel" picture hung in my first grade classroom many years ago. Only it was slightly different. Definetly NOT CREEPY! LOL!

Nice haul!

o

Scrappyjack, the reason that I was scared of the picture was the fear of the broken wooden bridge over the water. Instead of feeling that the angel was a protector, I felt like she was "hurrying" them across! LOL I taught third grade 11 years and gifted and talented kids 17 years.

Have decided what to do with the two pieces of wood with the "curves" in them. They're going to be the two main pieces of a quilt rack. Gonna paint them shabby chic white (of course) and then use a round dowel/broom handle, etc. for the pole to hang the quilt on.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here