Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Got great frame samples.Now what to do?

Posted by mcnaughton (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 30, 06 at 14:16

Freebies from a garage sale--4 boxes of L shaped frame samples--all finishes and textures. Get those creative juices flowing and brainstorm some ideas for me. You are all so good at it!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Got great frame samples.Now what to do?

LOL I have the same thing and have never done ANYTHING with them! I was mesmerized by all the different finishes, widths, styles, etc. (But I only got my hands on a clothes basket full for $1.00! LOL)

(Ya Ya - who's gonna be watching this post v-e-r-y carefully! LOL)

o

I, too have a box full of frame corners. I kept them after I left the art show company. Most were discontinued and they didn't want them back.
I have a few ideas, but haven't actually tried anything yet.

One planned idea is to mount them on the wall, (two or three, corner side down, a few inches apart) then paint them the same as the wall color, and then, mount gourds, cut in half with the cut side against the wall. The gourds will also be painted the same as the wall. Sort of a mono-chromatic, 3-d, abstract look.

I hope I get some other ideas from this thread, I've got quite a few frame corners to work with.

Jan

o

Get yourself a compound miter saw and make yourself some really neat picture frames! You could take them apart and put them back together in all kinds of ways....

I see all kinds of pics of black and white, barns, flowers in front of fences...do some creative photography or go to web images and see what's there...

Just a thought....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here