Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
way OT question about cancer and symptoms

Posted by mojojojogrlnj (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 23, 07 at 13:51

my step dad is now cancer free, but he is losing way to much weight he looks worse than he did with the cancer...he cannot keep anything down, even water....ive said to my mom marijuana for medicinal needs...but being christian she dont want to do this....anyone been through this or even know of any support groups in the jackson tn area?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: way OT question about cancer and symptoms

Mojo, I'm sorry to hear about your family issues.

Perhaps you can find some support groups through WebMd or Medline, the US government web site which has tons of credible information.

Hang in there,
Jenn

Here is a link that might be useful: Medline- Government resources

o

Unexplained weight loss is a sign of medical problems. It may just be that the Cancer and treatment took such a tole that he's gonna take some time to recover, but please See the doctor.

o

Your stepfather needs to go back to the doctor. Vomiting is one problem. Not having an appetite is another. My fil was given medication to increase his appetite so he could gain weight. It worked pretty well.

o

Mojo,
I have lost my mom and my sister to cancer. Evil thing! If you email me I will send you everthing I have on the subject from natural cures, (they really helped), to helping him feel stronger and hungry. Too much to put here. Remember chemo completely destroys the immune system, so you have to build it back up. I will help any way I can. let me know. Dena

o

thanks all, he went back to dr and they gave him more meds hopefully this will help....jaspersmom....i couldnt find your email....but mine is mojojojogrl@comcast.net i would love to have any info you have thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here