Posted by momsgirl2 (sombra62@earthlink.net) on
Sun, Apr 17, 05 at 13:28

tis is my rendition of a night light
trash linen shoe
treasure -victorian night light

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: old shoe -victorian nightlight

Does the light show through the shoe -- or shine from the top ? I could see something like that selling in a fancy boutique !

o

What does the light look like before you put it in the shoe? Good idea.I would never have thought of that....Lillie

o

the light shines thru the plastic cover which is a section of a 2ltr soda bottle painted white or blue or etc.the light is the small lite one bulb sold at the dollar tree 2x 1.00.shoe comes from land fill.lace remanents torn off old dresses; buttons.jewels.braids remnants.
cost .50 .i used them for teen x-mas gifts

o

that is a great idea.I have only thought up an idea for cowboy boots.will try to send pic soon.I made a texas birdhouse with it.the birds have been coming back for 5 years now

o

I have a red cowgirl boot lamp with lace shade. The twin is a birdhouse. I have a metal boot lamp and a red cowgirl hat to put on as a shade.

but birds can not have my birdhouse....ha ha. I do have a smaller boys boot birdhouse out in the GS garden.

You are right, those nightlights would sell at a boutique. Great idea.

o

I'm not trying to be a downer here...but just wondering...could the light bulb get too hot and cause trouble. My cousin collects old shoes...and I'm thinking I'd like to make her one for her birthday in July. But I'd hate to be the one giving her something that might cause a fire.

Also I think drilling a hole in the bottom of the shoe for the cord would be a good idea.

patti

o

hi patti
that would be a good idea.hadn,t got that far yet

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here