Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
pics of the beading on the wedding dress

Posted by huggybear_2008 (My Page) on
Fri, Apr 24, 09 at 12:55

Here are some pics of the beading on the wedding dress I was bidding on.. I thought that this beading would be easy to remove and use else where.. but I forgot about the bidding ending last night and I lost it by $1.00 duh.....kicking myself in the butt.. it went for $16.00 and the dress had a lot of beads and pearls on it.. front and back , sleeves, and train..darn.. oh well
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: pics of the beading on the wedding dress

Ohhhh heartbreak...That is beautiful...You'll find another i'm sure...

o

It was lovely!! That's what happens when you "have"to go to bed & get some sleep!!LOL I imagine you check TS's for them,check the sweaters & vests also as some have lots of beads. Watch your newspaper for "free" gown too! Jan

o

Thanks Jan, I really did not need the wedding dress, it just happened to be on my on line auction and I thought it would be great to get at a good price and just take the beading off as it looked like the beading was on a backing and could be taken off easy. I do not want one that has the beading all sewn on seperate.. whew, that would be a job. Beading and pearls bought in the store on a backing are expensive.. so I thought with all this beading it would be a good buy.. I will watch the TS and GW ...
Huggy

o

What an interesting idea -- using 'old' wedding dresses as a source for fabric and beading! I could imagine making some lovely small throw pillows, maybe decorating a plain lamp shade, what else?

o

Sorry you missed out on the auction. Better luck next time. My daughter has used some GW wedding dresses for various projects. She has removed some nice beaded pieces and has put them on other clothing, made a beaded cumberbund, a headband and put some on purses. She even dyed some and the material in the beads must have been just right because it took the dye and was very pretty. She also used the satin, beads and lace from a GW wedding dress to make a ring bearer's pillows for a couple of her friends. Wish I had pics to share. (Her daughters...9 and 11...love putting on the dresses and swishing around the house in them before Mom cuts them up.)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here