Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
shabby chic...what shade of white?

Posted by andreajp (My Page) on
Tue, Apr 3, 07 at 11:11

i'm redecorating my bedroom in the shabby chic style...i have all of the furniture and now it's time to paint. i thought it would be *easy*...until i realized....i need to figure out what shade of white is used for this look!!!

do you guys have any suggestions?

thanks for your help,
a

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: shabby chic...what shade of white?

I am no expert on this whatsoever, but I have Ivory White for my walls. It's an "eggshell" look in paint, not bright and it gives the walls a "softer" look.

Sal

o
RE: shabby chic...what shade of white?

Are you wanting to paint the furniture or the walls? If it's the furniture, you can go either white or ivory, or shades of both~if you have several pieces, you may not want everything to be identical. I used the combination to give the two rooms where i've used this style a little bit of diversity.

A good white color i've found is Sherwin Williams 'Creamy', a creamy white, not white-white. I've used an Antique White also, and I think it was Ralph Lauren. I've always used an eggshell finish, but the true shabby chic furniture is usually done in a flat. A milk paint is probably the true-est finish for this style.

Sal's suggestion of the Ivory walls is always safe, but if you're wanting a color, a pale sage is good. I had floral wallpaper, but removed it to get my home ready to sell. Lots of florals are used with this style, or several different fabrics consisting of the same colors. It's a very homey/comfy look. ;o)

patty_cakes

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here