Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ceramic Tiles Samples

Posted by MagnoliaMommy (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 13, 05 at 11:06

My hubby was at work one day and found a box sitting next to the dumpster that had samples of ceramic tiles in it. The box is so heavy I can barely lift it even though it is a very small box. Most of the tiles are cobalt blue & white... which I love! The only problem is that most of the tiles are broken or cracked. I was thinking about using a hammer to break them all up and then glue them to a small table top to make a tile mosaic. What do you think? Can ya'll think of any other ideas that might be better than a table top?
Thanks,
Shelia
PS I just found this forum and think it is GREAT!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ceramic Tiles Samples

Well, I just the other day took some stained glass scraps and glued them to some of the concrete garden edgers, the kind that are slightly curved to use around a small flower garden bed which has my birdbath in it. Got the idea from the show "Crafters across America." I grouted one to see how it looked, but like them better just covered with the glass.

I bet it would work with the tiles, too.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

o

:) that's what broken tiles are FOR, lovey!

you are SO lucky... that's just the box of samples I've been looking for- I want to do the 'bar' between my kitchen and dining room in tile (training for doing the rest of the counters) and blues and greens are totally my colors (with counters the color of cooked shrimp, blues and greens are about all that work ;)

boxes and mirror frames also make good test mosaic pieces- as do serving trays.

o

Cover clay flowerpots or stepping stones,or the bottom of a concrete birdbath.cover wall area behind stove.hope this helps to get you thinking.

o

I would cover anything for the garden whether it be a flower pot or a milk can. You could even cover a sculpture of an animal ie: rabbit or frog. Experiment you'll have fun doing it.

o

Thanks for all the great advice!
Shelia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here