Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what to do with two antique dressers

Posted by mojojojogrlnj (My Page) on
Mon, Apr 16, 07 at 7:17

one dresser is high one is long but sadly no drawers in either....any ideas what I could make out of these two beautiful pieces?

also anyone have and idea on pricing for a gorgeous antique couch (amazing scrolled wood for arms and bottom, but it would need to be totally redone cushion wise to be reapolstered....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what to do with two antique dressers

forgot to add the dressers are not square front, they kinda have a curve to them....

Here is a link that might be useful: elegant relic

o

I'm wondering if the lower one could be made into a sink cabinet/vanity by putting fake drawer facades over the places where the drawers were, and cutting an area for sink installation...

The higher one-- is there any way to fill the areas with drawer sized wire or wicker baskets, to use for office supplies?

--Jenn
http://web.mac.com/thriftshopromantic/iWeb/

o

I found an old dresser with no drawers so I made a potting bench out of it. I framed chicken wire for the doors and I cut out were the drawers should be and I have a great potting bench that holds all my garden tools, potting soil, pots and more.

o

On the garden junk someone posted a potting bench they saw somewhere,just beautiful( maybe it was a couple of them) anyway,it was a base,and old windows used for doors,and and old sink set in the top( I think the top was mosaiced?) I believe one had an old pink bathroom sink set in the top,and one had an old green bathroom sink,and they had a sort of shabby chic look to them. You could use the dresser as the base.

well I found the post,but the pics are gone,sorry! and they were great,too!

http://forums2.gardenweb.com/forums/load/junk/msg0507301127088.html

o

I have seen a baby's changing table made with one. They added "rails" around the edge and then put baskets in the drawer spaces for diapers, clean clothes and toiletries. Was painted really cute too. I will try to find the pictures I saw.

Just something I ran across looking for ideas for my new grandbaby!
Julie

o

http://www.vanitiesofyesteryear.com/store/

i did find one photo here my dresser looks like the one that is curved but like i said without drawers....do you think wicker baskets would look okay even with the curved front? thanks for all the ideas keep them coming...

Here is a link that might be useful: Elegant relic

o

Are you trying to sell us items? This looks like spam -

o

no and why would you say that? Ive been a member here forever....i got two old dressers and Im wondering how to do something with them...just because i put my web page on here dont mean im selling in here its an option to look at my page and Im not the only one who does this...

o

oh and to add the web site i typed out was just showing what my one dresser looks like...that is not my page...

o

Can you put boards in the bottom of the holes for the drawers to make a book shelf? I have my TV on a dresser and you could do that and fill the shelves with movies and what not?

o

Hi Mojo,

I think the confusion over the spam issue is simply that the link goes to a site where, at least, I am not seeing the dresser you're talking about. It's a main web site page, and I even tried digging around but couldn't find furniture on it. (It's early and maybe my coffee hasn't kicked in, but...) So I think that might be why folks are interpreting your message differently than you intended.

I honestly don't know how a curved dresser would look with straight wicker baskets in it. It might be worth an investment of one inexpensive one to give it a try.

--Jenn

o

Hey Mojo~ I saw the dresser down at the bottom of the page. I really like the old sewing machine turned into a sink. Very cool.
If you go to this page there are instructions on how to turn a dresser into a tv cabinet. Hope you'll post pics of whatever you decide to do with them. ~Anj

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/77894/turn_your_vintage_dresser_into_a_tv.html

o

I like the idea of the tv stand for the tall dresser....right now my dressers are in storage but hopefully will do that this summer....i will def post pics....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here