Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cool find at the community yard sale....

Posted by mojojojogrlnj (My Page) on
Sun, Apr 22, 07 at 6:43

I found an old mosaiced slate table top( free )....this thing weighs a ton...I was going to look for wrought iron legs to add to it since wood wouldnt hold it....anyway at the last yard sale i went to yesterday this guy had an old foot pedal sewing machine base....it hit me what a perfect base for my slate table....and for 2 dollars...cant pass that up ....I cant wait to see if my idea works with this table top....I think it will look neat out on the deck as a table....now to find chairs that will work with it....any ideas?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cool find at the community yard sale....

oh wow that sounds awesome!

o

Sounds like a fantastic find Mojo, can't wait to see the pics. Are you perplexed as to whether you can use just any ole' type of outdoor chair or are you looking for something specific?

Sal

o

How about wrought iron Victorian-ish outdoor chairs, sort of like from a bistro set? Painted in the same colors as the legs of the sewing machine, I think that would be nice and feel fairly cohesive.

--Jenn
http://web.mac.com/thriftshopromantic/iWeb/

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here