SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
flowermum_gw

Safety, please

flowermum
13 years ago

I debated writing this but I decided if it would help just one person then it's worth it.

I looooove treasure hunting, with a passion! A few days ago (around 9:00 a.m.) I was out driving around, hunting, when I spied some treasure. This was an area that I pass frequently and heavily traveled, but also an area that would be considered not the safest.

The treasure was on an adjacent street but not as heavily traveled and although I didn't see the neighbors, I was aware that there were people still at home. So I felt semi-safe hopping out quickly and getting the goods.

Anyway, to get on with my point, I am always conscious of my surroundings, so I thought I would pull up and get what I wanted and leave. However, there was an old wooden fence panel beneath piles of heavy carpet. So there I was straining and tugging and pulling trying to get to the fence panel. I didn't want the fence panel but I did want the iron hinge attached to it. So I thought if I could just get the panel free of the carpets then I'd be able to get to the hinge.

Well anyway, you know that voice that we all get that we most often times don't listen to? Well, the first thought that came to me was, "I've been here too long."

Reason being: the length of time I was there tugging at the panel wasn't very long but it was long enough in case someone wanted to do something, whatever that something was, I don't know, but I felt in my knower that it wasn't good and that I really should leave.

After a couple of minutes, I turned and noticed a man walking in the middle of the road towards me. It was a very long road and thankfully he was a good walking distance from me. After I saw him I immediately got back into my car and quickly drove away.

He could have been someone wanting to help but I truly don't believe so. I knew he was coming for me because as I was driving away, I looked in the rear view mirror and saw he had turned around and was walking away.

I immediately thanked GOD for getting me out of that one because I probably would have been another statistic.

I apologize for being long winded but I wanted to share my story to pass along what we all know...listen to that voice, it's trying to keep us from danger and save our lives.

What I learned...Irregardless of the neighborhood, be very very careful, please.

Blessings and

Happy Treasure Hunting!

: )

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative Design-Build Firms