Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
clear container

Posted by rabbit8 (My Page) on
Mon, Mar 21, 05 at 22:29

I have a clear container that's shape like a waste basket.
I purchased some clinique products several years back and I didn't know what to use the container for. It was a gift set. Any ideas as to what I can use the clear container for? It's shaped like a waste basket and it's about 13 inches high.

Thanks for you help in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: clear container

How about filling it with fancy soaps (that no one ever uses) or sea shells or old buttons, old marbles, etc. If you don't have enough to fill it then place a filler in the middle like styrofoam or such and fill in around and over the filler. At Christmas, you could fill it with shiny colored balls, etc.

o

If you're a crafter how about storing your pretty craft materials in it? a variety or glitter colors? Pine cones? a collection of ribbon? odds and ends? Potpourri? Pipecleaners? spools or skeins of threads/floss?

If it can be usefull in the kitchen on an open shelf might it work to store tea bags or other small pretty packets?

o

Keep it in your bathroom with rolled up, pastel colored towels in it. Maybe paint, "Guest Towels" or something catchy on the outside front.

~Sandy~

o

Using a silicone glue-(Goop?)..glue half round marbles to the entire surface, perhaps drill a hole in the bottom & make a pendant light. By using the clear marbles-when lit-would look neat! Even better-if you can get old chipped cut glass pieces (yard sales?)-cover the box with chunky pieces of the cut glass-when lit-the prism effect should create an awesome light!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here