Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
uses for old wooden berry crates

Posted by kay79 (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 7, 06 at 22:17

Please help. I have come across hundreds of old wooden berry crates. These are the flat slatted syle some with a divider down the middle some not. Not to be confused with the berrier carrier that had handles. These held the twelve little hallock boxes to pick berries in. They are in great shape and some have the owner farm logo on the ends. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. thanks

kay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: uses for old wooden berry crates

I'll be glad to send you my address!!!!

Would help if you could post a pic...but i'm thinking stand them end to end....2 or 3 in a stack and put in a corner as narrow shelves...

put some legs on one to turn into a small table....

paint up purty and just use as a tray.....heck...i want some!!!

o
RE: uses for old wooden berry crates

hi wow sounds like a real find.
the stuff with decent labels is good junk
that was my first thought to stack them and make deck tables, plants bases, maybe clean thenup and use for nick nack shelves, , cleaned up and maybe add a small shelf or two they would very saleable as shelves , I have a coke rack in the kitchen with junk on it.
2 or 3 stacks with a door or other top for a table ??
maybe use some of the cleaner ones primed and enameled for nicer table bases for the house. sounds like some of the stuff you see in finer decor and g.h. mags. or some jolly wood decorators "stuff" i.e. "junk"..
just the loose boards are very usable because they are cut thin and well aged they are natural picture frames,
and nick nack shelve material.. just hope they get used Rick

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here