Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What items are on ....

Posted by Carol_from_ny (My Page) on
Tue, Mar 8, 05 at 22:01

you most sought after list for this years junking adventures and what are your plans for your goodies once you find them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What items are on ....

Come the first week of May our area has annual clean up..this year I'll be curb shopping for: chairs for planters..wood ladders for plants and bird stations..dresser for a planter to go under the varanda..really large containers for use as fountains...and a car engine that will be turned into fountain for my "motorhead" son..engine fans that will become the flowers for sunflowers on the side of the garage..and anything else that can be "art" in the yard :0)
gardenlady

o

Topping my list will be Items to use for deck furniture since suddenly we have 2 LARGE decks around an above ground pool and a single white plastic chair that's gonna look real lonely out there come summer. Funny how moving changes things, huh?

o

I'm looking for something to cover my fish pond filter - I'm thinking a dog house would work nicely.
I've also given up on using my windy, blindingly sunny and hot deck as an "outdoor room" and am turning it into a garden, so I'll be looking for things to plant in and something to turn into a birdbath/feeder.
Also creating a "fairy garden" with my dd, so all sorts of odd little bits will be handy.
I really need a new coffee table - ours is just too ugly.
Always looking for canvases - I sometimes find amateur painting at Salvation Army for $10 or so (for a large 4x6 canvas.) My daughter and I both love to paint. I have paints in the colors of my interior palette (rose, celadon green, tan) as well as a few others, and any old design looks great when it goes with everything in the room. Fun!
What I really need is a two-wheeler to hoist things around.
Happy hunting! Amy

o

Things that I always look for and am thrilled when I find:

Old marbles

Old bricks and pavers

Clay flower pots or other interesting pots

Small plastic pots that I can use at home for my aquatic plants.

Bird houses that aren't just for looks

Bird feeders

Interesting kitchen items...utensils with brightly colored handles, measuring cups, scoops, cookie cutters, old bowls in good condition, colored pyrex bowls in good condition,
old and funky salt and pepper sets, old jars with lids, anything old and interesting that has to do with the kitchen

Statuary for the garden

Old photographs and frames...especially love the old photos of children on paint ponies.

Anything I can use in rehabbing wildlife...good heavy non tip over water dishes, blankets that can be cut up, heating pads, nest boxes.

Old jewelry or new jewelry if it is sterling.

Just anything old or unusual. I know you meant list something you are searching for that you don't already have, but I couldn't think of anything that I don't already have.
I just want more of the same!

o

I curb-shopped an ironing board (metal) that I plan to make
an angel from. Spindles for arms, and cut a wooden head.
Wings from pieces of tin. I'll get it together one of these days! This morning, after raining since noon yesterday, we have had between 12 and 14 inches of water fall....I don't think it will be today LOL!

o

I hunt for old silverware for my windchimes; cheap plates to smash (someday) for mosaics; cute birdhouses to hang around my yard; old table linens; old metal lawn chairs to refinish.

o

Table bases ..... I need 2 outdoor tables and I don't want them out of wood ( warping ) so I'm on the lookout for some bases that I can make a top for.

o

more bowling balls, old light fixtures ( taken aprt they just hold to many treasures) anything that will help slow the prairie wind down!!LOL plates to smash for more mosiac, old and odd containers, bottomless even better since they be great support, chairs, benches, broken shovels yard tools to weld critters, old marbles, faucets, gee i guess my list is limitless!!

o

Lumber, pallets, pickett fence panels, awnings, bunny cages, bird houses, flower pots, plants, white rocks to use as edging around trees & flower beds, old license plates to use as roofs on bird houses, craft items for son's cub scout pack, plastic storage containers, shelves, butterfly items for my oldest daughter's room, horse items for my youngest daughter's room, books, my list just seems to go on & on.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here