Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden of memories

Posted by funky83 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 22, 08 at 21:58

I created a garden of memories with old things from my past: the red wooden gate was salvaged from my grandparents farm house in Iota, LA; the milk can was from my mother; the swing was mine when I was a child (my dad saved it for me, its almost 40 years old!). The old windows and other stuff are great finds from a flea market. I love how everything has a 'story' to go with it. I needed to decorate the side of my storage building in the backyard and decided to do this project. It turned out nice.

Here is a link that might be useful: garden of memories picture

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden of memories

funky,
That's a great lil spot for a memory garden! Looks really nice.
I did the same thing last year. My dad passed away in March and I took a pair of his yellow boots and planted flowers in them, and I have some of Mom's angels sitting around. It's a nice lil spot that I plant flowers in and I have a lil pond too.
Isn't that fun? The little figurines are my Mom's, the iron planter came from my son-in-laws grandmother, the old gate is from a farmer down the road and is over 100 years old. Lots of things in my garden and I love it!!

o
RE: Garden of memories

While visiting my hometown in PA last summer, I passed this home along the main road. Turned around and went back to view something similar to your great idea! This couple had 5 different well planned flower gardens-each in a different area of their property. Each was edged differently-railroad ties, rocks, brick, etc. Each had different gorgeous flowers of all 1 color and in the bed was placed items pertaining to one of the family members.
Hiss was pretty much a fishing & hunting theme. Hers was antique wrought iron chair, a small coal stove with cast iron cookware on it, coal bucket, a water well, etc. Their son's had an old trike, catcher's glove, sports items, skis, etc. The daughter's had an old doll bed, toybox, wagon, rocking chair..so many cool things. They looked awesome strategically placed amongst the flowers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here