Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Other use for highchair?

Posted by Lady_Alicia (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 20, 05 at 21:57

I just found a nice wooden highchair in someone's trash. I was wondering what I could use it for, other than a baby! :) I thought as a plant stand of some sort, but maybe someone else out there has a better idea! My husband said to just give it away, but I'm dying to do something with it. Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Other use for highchair?

I have my son's (28 yrs old) wooden high chair in my dining room corner with a large plant sitting on the tray.I turned the tray backwards so it fits up closer to the back of the chair so the chair is in no danger of tipping over.You could also remove the tray altogether.I left it on mainly because I didn't have a place to store it..........Lillie

o

I'll have to turn the tray then because I also have no where to store it either. I never thought of that, but it makes sense. :) I thought maybe I could let my ivy trail up the back spindles. And then someday maybe I'll use it for my grandkids (many years from now - LOL).
Thanks for the post!

o

I've used them for plant stands and for displaying some of my teddies bear collection. I had one out at our cottage that was just the right size for holding a crockpot. Since counterspace was always at a premium it made a nice place to hold the crock and not take away counter space I needed during the rest of the day.

o

The teddy bear idea is cute. I know my mom sat a vintage babydoll in hers and put a bowl of fake cereal and spoon on the tray. It's actually very cute. But my four year old would probably play with it! I love this forum....such good ideas on everything!!

o

hmmmm, what about displaying old books on it. the arms could act as book-ends. i like the vintage doll or teddy bear idea also. :o)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here