Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My new Gym Locker Cabinet

Posted by robolady (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 15, 07 at 21:52

Here's my latest. I found the gym baskets in someone's trash, believe it or not. The wood was mostly from a friend's remodel (tear out). I did pay for some of the trim pieces, that was about $1.50. My original idea was to have it supported by those 2 shoe forms. However, I'm not sure I like the look. I'm either gonna remove the legs, or do something different. I'd like to use some croquet balls, but I don't have any.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My new Gym Locker Cabinet

Gosh! I love that!! The colors are great too!

I agree about the feet though. Gives me the feeling 'somebody' is hiding behind it. Croquet balls would look neat!

o

Love the color and what a great idea for using the baskets. I'd say either legs like the decorative posts, or a solid box shape with some nice wood molding so it looks more stable. Luvs

o

Very nice Margo, you come up with the most ingenious ideas for pieces. I like the idea of the croquet balls for the feet also, the shoes look out of place.

Sal

o

That is really nice. I think any idea you come up with would work. Great job.

o

That is adorable!
The balls would look great. But I like the feet too, it gives it real whimsy! Maybe paint them white, and see what you think.

Hazie

o

Love it! I didn't even think to be "creeped out" by the feet until Lydia mentioned somebody might be hiding behind it! LOL

You see those old gym baskets all the time in magazines and when you CAN find them, those suckers are expensssssive! Great find, great creation!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here