Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Don't get too near me and my spray Rustoleum!

Posted by lucille (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 30, 13 at 19:14

You might get redecorated :)

Today I sprayed an old clay urn with Maui Blue, it looks terrific. And I had this old chair in the garage, a resin swivel chair, ugly scratched brown. I primed it, sprayed it Candy Apple Red, and ordered some matching poppy fabric to recover the seat.

Just a few pops of color can make a difference. I like my living room and all, but I just wanted to change and put a little zip in it
. Found red sofa/loveseat slipcovers on Ebay, a poppy pillow, and now the Rustoleum. And looking for some poppy posters.
Total outlay that is making a real difference, $200 including the wonderful Rustoleum.

Next I'm going to redo my old blackish-brown metal patio set. Rustoleum 'Fern' and some of the Maui Blue.

I can't believe what a difference it makes and how fun it is.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Don't get too near me and my spray Rustoleum!

Oh yes, I have a bunch of stuff needing some of that spray paint too. Seat of tractor style bench for garden, some metal palm trees that need something special, Couple of galvanized cans that need help, some wrought iron fence pieces that are faded, So much happening & so little time. Sounds like you are going to have a great looking redo, post a pic when you are finished!

o

Yes! today was above 50 degrees for the first time in MONTHS- I am spray painting anything that doesn't move fast enough!

o

Rustoleum Rusty Metal Primer is great stuff. Long as you get the loose rust off, you don't have to sand all the way down to bare metal for it to stick. Then you can paint with more spray paint or, whatever.

o

I just use regular Rustoleum on stuff made of wood.

This post was edited by lucille on Wed, Apr 10, 13 at 10:19

o

Spray paint is a lot of fun isn't it? I have some wicker chairs that I bought 35 years ago at Kings Dept store. I am still using and painting them. I think this year bright blue!
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here