Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what would you use these for?

Posted by sorie6 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 12, 11 at 18:01

I have 2 old time wooden laundry baskets and would like to use them for something but don't know what.
I don't need them for laundry. TIA for any ideas.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what would you use these for?

Do you have photos? and dimensions? I'd love to see them!

o

I know what you mean. They were pretty standard at one time but now you can't buy them new anymore except maybe a basket store might have something similar. I use an old basket to store things in the garage that I want to have air circulation. But thats a bit mundane. Like using them for weeding or picking up leaves.
Could one be made into a gnome home?
post pics when you figure it out.
Kathy

o

Storing a quilt, knitting, a bit of fancy sewing, or extra pillows (the decorative kind)? Magazines or paperbacks you want to keep handy? Office supplies in the home office? They can hold lots of stuff, especially if you don't try to lift them when they are holding heavy items.

o

Martha reinforced the bottom of a basket and added casters to make a mobile end table.

Here is a link that might be useful: Martha's basket on wheels

o

I like the larger wooden finials as the feet. Something on wheels means I'll probably kick it by accident and it'll go flying across the room. :) But it is a great idea if you want to move it out of the way when not in use!

I'm curious as to what they look like before I give any more ideas. :) Are they solid, woven sides like Martha's, or are they more like your standard laundry basket with the holes all around to where things inside are visible? Are they pretty sturdy, or are they like that thinner wood? I'm thinking they are more sturdy because they're older. They made things better back then! ;)

Alicia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here