Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
what would you use these for?

Posted by sorie6 (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 19, 11 at 15:53

I have 2 wooden laundry baskets and I really like them but not sure what to do with them. I don't need them for laundry!
Please check out the pics on garden junk.
Thanks you your ideas.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: what would you use these for?

I would use them in the fall when I go to the orchard to pick apples - it is a bushel fruit basket. They also look great with a huge pot of mums in them in the fall.

o
RE: what would you use these for?

Oh, I forgot to mention I used to go out to Pearblossum & get peaches & pears to can & I could pick them out of those baskets- they really are made for carrying fresh fruit in from fields & displaying it. The market out there had about 50 of them lined up with all kinds of apples, peaches greenish pears, some softer fruit was in lugs which were wooden at the time. They had a year around Christmas store out there in the desert & so I always had to stop there for a bit, but I liked to get fruit ready to use(usually marked down too) so would go home the 60 miles & then can fruit until all of 1 kind were in jars & finish up the following day. Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here