Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
hanging light and sun wall decoration

Posted by quidam2 (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 16, 11 at 13:50

Well, I hope my 2 newest projects fit this T2T forum. The first is a swag light made from a wire sphere I found at GW. It was used to hold a candle. I turned it upside down, covered it in glass gems and grommets from an old belt, put in a light from an old lamp and voila!! Oh and some misc. crystal I had are hanging from the bottom. The pictures don't do it justice but I love the shadows it casts.

The sun decoration is all from finds from GW. The bottom is a sun mirror (missing the mirror), the middle is a sun candle holder and the center is a do-dad that caught my eye. When I saw that they all fit together perfectly, I knew they belonged together. The only thing I did was paint the center of the candle holder black so that the do-dad was highlighted and then glued it all together. Sorry not a great picture either.

Hope you enjoyed my projects!!

Here is a link that might be useful: light and sun

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: hanging light and sun wall decoration

Those are awesome. I am glad you showed the light when it was lit. The sun decoration is really neat and the pieces certainly do go together. You were so observant to see that. You can be very proud of yourself. Thank you for sharing. - Marylee

o

they both look wonderful....what a great imagination at work. Thanks for sharing

o

Thank you Marylee and Oldcrafty! I look forward to seeing and sharing more.

o

Cool projects! I especially like the sun decoration....lots of depth and turned out beautifully.

o

Very creative & beautiful jeweled ball, looks very expensive & it is certainly 1 of a kind!! The sun looks wonderful with that center! Enjoy your treasures!! Jan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here