Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone made the Toothbrush Rugs yet??

Posted by lara (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 11, 07 at 13:06

I'm using mostly cotton bed sheets bought at local thrift shops. Turning someone else's trash into my money making treasure! I've been posting this question for a couple of years now, but haven't run into anyone else who's making them. I was looking to swap patterns or exchange tips on making them. It's sometimes hard parting with the gently used, almost perfect condition, higher end label sheets. I sometimes can't bring myself to cutting them into strips! I don't have any pics of my rugs, but you can search for an image on google.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone made the Toothbrush Rugs yet??

I made two of them years ago. My first one turned out like a mexican hat, as I did not put enough stitches on the corner.
It was fun, but I sort of stopped hobbies until I catch up on other chores.
Darlene

o

This is something I think I want to get into at some point. I just haven't found the time yet! I have too many things going at once now....sigh....

o

What are "toothbrush rugs?" Never heard of them, can you please post pics?

Sal

o

I googled it. Here is a link scroll down to the 4th rug.

Here is a link that might be useful: toothbrush rug

o

i have made several rugs.i have made a round table rug for our oak dining table.i made chair rugs.all out of cotton fabric.
the first rugs i did while we took amtrack vacations.easy to have all supplies in a bag.
i haven't made any for a few years.i have a bag ready to go.with remodeling,gardening and cloth doll making the rugs have taken a back seat.i have also made a window frame rug.you can google hand made rugs and come up with a lot of variations. a wagon wheel was also used in rug making.
j http://community.webshots.com/user/nana5111

o

ha and im thinking finally something I can do with old tooth brushes lol...i guess i should just stick with painting lol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here