Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Free standing photo screen

Posted by Mini_Me (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 23, 05 at 13:06

I was at a thrift store yesterday and bought a free standing divider screen... it has 3 sections & each holds 5 (8x10) pictures. So I can hold 15 photo's all together- either 8x10 or adding mats I could use different sizes as well.

Has anyone ever seperated the sections and used these somehow to frame pictures on a tall wall? Like I wondered what it would be like if I took the hinges off the screen and added some sort of nice chain or holders and attached them side by side on a large wall? Any thoughts on this???

I need some ideas to use this- it was just too cool to leave there :)

Thank you!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Free standing photo screen

What a cool find! I'd have snagged that too!

Kids art projects, fav poems or quotes, old love letters or cards, cartoons that tickle your funny bone, seed packets with pretty pictures, favorite recipes, news paper clippings that have special meaning for you, gosh I could go on and on, but you now better than I what has true significance to you and all could be fun to put in something like that!

You could use a matt for a more formal look, or fabric, construction paper, aluminum foil, or whatever fits your theme. You could use several of each item if they're smaller to make a montage in each frame...

I'd be playing with it to see what fits my decor and just let the imagination direct me.

o
RE: Free standing photo screen

I actually found one of these curbside and brought it home. I ended up giving it to my sister and we had to take it apart to get it in her van. The hinges were easy to remove. I think it would be cool to hang two of the pieces horizonally on a tall wall. You could use the third piece vertically somewhere else. With ours, we ended up putting it back together and putting old lace curtains in the openings. I think she's done with it now, so maybe I should get that back and repurpose it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here