Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Made a 'Haul'

Posted by Des_Arc_Ya_Ya (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 30, 05 at 8:13

Friend of my DS and DIL's is tearing down a house and has opened it up to "takers". They (my kids) got two old doors from it that they plan on using on their bedroom and bathroom.

DH and I went over yesterday afternoon and I got three small old windows. Friend is gonna use the 2 over 2 one to do a "Four Seasons" stained glass thingie in.

I also got two old wrought iron porch posts. Probably gonna use as a trellis for some kind of rose (?)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Made a 'Haul'

YA YA!

SCORE!

o

Good deal! I love things like that. The wrougt iron should make a very nice trellis!

o

Cool beans! I'm envious!

o

I drove past where a house used to be today that I spent a lot of time in as a teenager. My friend Marci lived there and I spent many nights there...and days...lol...Such good memories.

I used to run into her Mother at the store every now and then...but haven't seen her in a few years...I'm hoping she is in an apartment...but I don't know if she is still living or not...

Made me feel sad...I sure wish I would have known when it went down...I would have ask for parts of it.

patti

o

Know what you mean, Pattico. There's getting to be more and more of those old houses coming down with all the memories with them.... ((Patti))

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here