Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Guess what? I just discovered.....

Posted by Garden_Momma (My Page) on
Thu, Mar 3, 05 at 0:31

I just discovered what I may do with my own throw away fan..Or two...I will paint it a flower color or maybe psychedelic color (at one of my kids suggestion) as a yard deco....Thanks to you all here for getting my mind going...and making good use of what can be.....1st time posting...can you tell???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Guess what? I just discovered.....

I could just kick myself. I got a retro turquoise green fan from my Dad's junk pile. DH fixed so it ran for a month or so before the motor died. Anyhow, once it died, DH looked at me and said, don't even think about keeping it, it's going in the trash. I shoulda snuck it out of the trash and dismantled it. Those fan blades were cool........
Sheree

o
RE: Guess what? I just discovered.....

Garden Momma, I am making a whirlygig out of mine. I just posted about this over on Garden Junk. I have a stand fan that the only part that won't be used is the motor. The 2 grids will be birdfeeders and a hanging basket, the base will be a table base for a flower stand, and the fan blades will be the whirlygig.

Now I'm kicking myself, I had a small personal sized fan that burned out a couple of months ago. I could have used those blades as a flower decoration! dang it!

BTW, hi, it's nice to be back on the T2T forum. I posted here months ago before my move, and got so snowed under with life stuff that I hadn't had a chance to post before now.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here