Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Teacup planter

Posted by lady_alicia (afinalword@aol.com) on
Mon, Feb 11, 13 at 22:48

I made this to sell with some of the herb seeds I grow. I had purchased some teacups and saucers a while back because I thought there was something I could do with them. They sat here for awhile, and then I thought I could glue the cup to the saucer for easy "travel," and I drilled a hole in the cup so it actually drains onto the plate. Now I'm going to do the others.

My first thought was to use it as a quick and temporary jewlery holder in the kitchen. I take my rings off to do the dishes and thought I could sit it on my garden window and toss them in there until I was done washing them.

I'm sure there are tons of ideas for these beauties. Anyone else have ideas for them?

Alicia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Teacup planter

Alicia, go to the" Garden Junk forum" & search for "teacup ideas" they just had 1 on recently where gal made bird seed holders & had some glued on their sides(with the flowers showing on the top. She showed them with bird seed in them. I think there is a teacup chandelier & some other ideas. We recycle everything so it is very interesting site. Mostly older retired folks looking to use what is around so doesn't go in landfill. Jan

o
RE: Teacup

Go to "Birdfeeder by Aussie mum Feb.7,13 "post (about 9th post down) & go down below the birdfeeder of glass-very cute & there are a number of teacup ideas with or without birdseed as I good start then find "search box & type in teacup ideas for more. Jan

o

Soap, candles, hen and chicks, loose change, small plants, Lots of things! :)

o

I love china teacups and you've received many good ideas for repurposing them. On Martha Stewart's site she shows using them in a drawer for small items of jewelry. Not a great space saving idea but it looked very pretty!

I've made and sold many 'tea-lights' from glass punch cups or glass cups and saucers. The punch cups don't come with saucers however they are often available at yard sales or I used any clear shallow bowls instead as in the pic below.

This is the best pic I have. For use in the garden these require copper fittings to be super-glued to the bottom of the saucer and a copper pipe attached to it (crush the bottom of the pipe so it inserts easily into the soil). They look great when placed in the garden with tea-lights glowing. I used them around my patio.

glass tables photo glasstables.jpg

Many people seem to use these as birdfeeders but I've never done that as all it would take is some rain to make it a moldy mess.

o

I've got some ideas for tea cups and tea pots on my site.

Here is a link that might be useful: craftygardener.ca

o
RE: punch idea

Thanks luckygal for the punch cup idea. I just posted a question about those on Garden Junk.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here