Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
old organ turned into desk

Posted by sherree (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 11, 05 at 21:38

This one just about did me in. it was actually beyond my carpentary skills. this organ came out of a barn and it had literally inches of dirt on it and wasp nests, dirt dauber nests, rat droppings, and all sorts of unidentified objects. I mean total yuk. my husband helped me gut it. except for the table top and the board underneath the desk, we were able to recycle and use parts of the organ to make the desk. i had an oak table top that was actually used for the desk part. where you see in the top part i upholsertered a board cut to fit the area and then added lace to cover the upholstery to give it a vintage look. i used beeswax to give it a shine and with my husband's help, i think it really turned out nice.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: old organ turned into desk

That's a great organ desk!!

o

OH MY GOSH!!! THAT IS BEAUTIFUL!!! Wow. I love it can you tell??LOL!

o

I KNOW it turned out nice. That is just a wonderful piece Sherree. You and the DH do marvalous things with nasty stuff.

o

I really like that!!!

Gived me and idea that one could use and old upright in much the same way. You could gut the insides out and put shelves in that area, maybe even glass ones and a light up under the lid. A different sort of curio. I guess you could do the same thing for the lower part also.

Timothy

o

Lovely....all your pieces are so creative.

o

Very nice! Thanks for sharing all your terrific ideas with us!

o

Just lovely, never would have thought of something like that. Thanks for sharing........
Sheree

o

Man oh man, I am having heart palpitations or whatever,,, that is soooooooo cool.... How in the world did you get lucky enough to find an old organ?? WOW!!!!!!!! You did an excellent job!!!!

o

Sherree, You do the greatest things. this is wonderful!

o

Abolutely awesome!!!!!! That just makes me SMILE!!!!!! You are the most creative person I know!!! Thanks for sharing!

o

Wow, what beautiful work! Have you seen this site?

Here is a link that might be useful: piano desks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here