Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Your Favorite Pencils With The Ugly Ads on Them? Do this!

Posted by kudzukween (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 6, 10 at 21:16

recycle some scrap paper and hide your best pencils advertisements. Cut out a 1" wide strip of scrap paper that is as long as your pencil. Glue it on...and I used clear nail polish on mine because I'm out of clear spray.
Why are the best pencils found at the lumber yards and auto parts stores?? You can also cover all those Holiday themed pencils you bought for 90% 0ff :D I also made a paper covered desk set with dollar store supplies and a cocoa can for a pencil holder.
Paper scraps covered pencils

paper scraps covered pencils

Paper Covered Desk Set

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Your Favorite Pencils With The Ugly Ads on Them? Do this!

ooohhh that is pretty!!! You did a great job!

o

Good ideas! Thanks!

o

I love the ideas you share with us.

o

so pretty! This reminds me of the quick cover up I just did of the plastic "jar" or odor control stuff I have on a shelf in my bathroom. Its much prettier with scrapbook paper wrapped around it.
Kathy

o

thank you all so much :D
glad you like it!

kudzu

o

Great set! I especially love the books that match. Do the pencils sharpen okay after they have been covered?

o

Very nice!! Another good way to cover them is to take a couple colors of acrylic paint,squirt it on a piece of foil,like this
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~,then fold the foil so the paints mix,keep the eraser end out and roll the pencil in the mixture you just made,you can roll on an angle,straight across or whatever you like. I also did little paper mache boxes this way.
Kathi

o

Those are too cute! I especially love the set with the notebooks and the pencil holder. Thanks for the great idea!

o

thank you all:D
they do sharpen well..no problems...use thinner paper:D

i just saw these going for 3 pencils for $27.50! i had to look twice to double check! that's just crazy!!!lol
kudzu

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here