Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Another Old Bottle Project-Fairy Bottle

Posted by kudzukween (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 27, 09 at 21:11

Check these out, my granddaughter and I made them today using some die-cuts bought from Michael's, yard sale bottles, wire,beads,sequins, glitter, sparkly fillers, and heart charms. My sister bought the colored bottles for me at a yard sale. I'm going to try others with larger jars, and some old medicine bottles.
Go check them out...

Here is a link that might be useful: Kudzu's Blog

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Another Old Bottle Project-Fairy Bottle

Kudz, I sent you an email... got a question... What kind of paper do you use to print your pictures that you use in your beautiful creations??? I have saved some images from the net and want to print them but I'm not sure about what kind of paper. Also will the ink smear if you use something like modge podge??

Thanks for your help.

o
RE: Another Old Bottle Project-Fairy Bottle

Good Morning Bright! and thanks for the wonderful compliments! I'm sorry, I haven't been reading my mail, and my mail box is full, so I didn't get it. But, I print images out on cardstock, or plain old white paper, sometimes tracing paper, it looks so unique like that, wings especially. Yes, the ink will smear, I don't know how to make better quality prints. Oh, sometimes I print on photo paper,too,and vellum because I bought a stack at a yard sale for a dime. but I try to get the mod podge on it quickly with as few strokes as possible. Once you get the first coat on it's not bad. I set my printer to plain paper. If I cover it in mod podge I add glitter last otherwise it dulls it...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here