Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A Question for kudzukween !!!

Posted by toomuchglass (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 12, 10 at 20:54

I think everyone at any forum you post at will agree - you are the craft queen !!! Our Guru ! LOL

My wondering mind has to ask - do you have a specific craft room or area that you perform your wonders in ? You do such a Wide variety of crafts . Do you only make one of something -- or do you do sales ? If I made such a variety of things as you .... my house would be bursting at the seams with craft supplies !!!! ( I have to collect a ton of supplies before I start on a craft *sigh* ) Do you think of ideas ahead of time -- or do you need inspiration from the things you already have ? I'm sorry if this has been asked before , I would just love to know how organized you can be and still whip out all your gorgeous stuff !

......... And how I can whittle away my clutter ! LOL

Thank you So Much , Ms.Kudz ... !

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A Question for kudzukween !!!

oh, wow, I'm so flattered :D thank you so much!

when my daughter got married and moved out, i had a room all devoted to many kinds of crafts. but now since she and my grandson have come back, I lost that room :D for a while i kept things under her bed, eventually they moved to 'the green room' or the living room and my bedroom. so i bought a nice solid wood double bookshelf at a yard sale for $25 and moved it into my room, and store boxes of craft supplies and finished crafts there and on top of it. i also have those clear drawer containers, and things are stacked in a bedroom corner. it isn't that much, it's just messy! in this room...it's too much! i use a large rotary mat and lay it on my bed while i create. it stores behind my dresser out of sight. i have a large sheet of crumpled up brown kraft paper i use for a background for taking pictures, plus a lace curtain, and a few other things.
i do sell my things.
but i look at what i have, and do a search on what others have made from it; or i look up a specific craft, and see if i already have what i need. i'll spend money on things i can use a lot, or have a lot in the package, or use for many different projects, but i'm not going to spend much. i wanna make it for cheap or free!
i spend a little time (lot of time) looking around the internet for ideas.

i like to pass along these ideas and how-to's when i can...for free! lol so i'm glad you read my posts:D

have fun,
kudzu

o

Well - you surprised me ! LOL I thought You'd have this giant "studio" ... with all your supplies at your fingertips . ( Don't we all wish ? ) I guess you're a "True Crafter" ... when you feel the need to make something - you do it no matter what ! LOL

I really enjoy your posts & thank you for sharing your ideas with us ( even the tutorials !) I'm really trying to simplify my crafting supplies... you're a great inspiration ! ( Ok- I'll quit embarrassing you - get back to work ! LOL )

o

"At your fingertips"... had to laugh! NO one I know is that organized! I have a beautiful birdbath totem I've done - thought it would be great to share with others because I used old lamp globes and milk glass - some things found everywhere. You know, parts we've saved we would all like to use up. Great to give others some fresh ideas. BUT, it also has some red plates in it & I had gotten a matching red cardinal for it... WHERE I put that bird... I can't find it!!! It musta flown away! lol

I must say tho, Kudzu, I love your ideas too! Everyone here gives such inspiration!

o

lol thanks........and i love all the things everyone makes on here, i'm always inspired to go make them myself! my "studio" is even worse now....i go from room to room looking for my stuff-that i KNOW i have-just to make something simple in about 30 minutes now takes a few days sometimes! it's like a three stooges movie :D

kudzu

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here