Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What to do with old used tile?

Posted by marti8a (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 23, 10 at 20:35

I took up some floor tile and while they are all unbroken, they all have thinset on the bottom and I don't really want to clean it off, if that's even possible. Is there any reason to keep it? There's not much, about 9 sq feet.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What to do with old used tile?

Put an ad in your local Craigslist or freecycle ... people who make tile mosaic love this stuff.

o

Steping stones for the garden?

o

Since you did not mention color or design, here a a few ideas that might be put to use.

Put in the middle of a garden area and put either a large pot of plants on it or perhaps a statue or decorative item on it.

Place on their sides to edge a path or garden area.

Dig up the soil a bit and place them securly under the spiggot where the hose is hooked up, to prevent the mud puddle that usally occurs there.

I like to use one under my glue gun, so I do not have to worry about hot drips.

If you can remove the backing off of some of them, decopage and hang on the wall.

Use the clean ones for trivets.

Again if clean, arrage four or six of them on plywood, frame and use as a wall haning.

I love tiles and it would a shame to just toss something that still can be useful and artful.

That's all I can think of for now. Bet a lot of the wonderfully creative people here can find many more uses.

Joan

o

i use an old tile under my hotplate in the k itchen.

and one under my space heater...

and i have 2 old wrought iron stands outside w/o a top on them. this next yr they will be on my project list to get tiles for tops. my sister has tons left over from her h*ouse build so those might work... i have to measure them yet to find out.

so, any out door table tops to redo?

under your dog's water dish? or the cat's...

under a plant is very good!

under a garden statue for a solid base...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here