Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Let's See Some Photos!

Posted by des_arc_ya_ya (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 5, 06 at 18:35

Think I may have posted this one before, but I'm looking for some inspiration, so get out some of those trash to treasure photos and let's see what you've done.

No longer use these (or don't right now!) as I've changed my kitchen. The shelves are made from two red and white enameled table leaves that I bought 2 for $5.00 Still have them and they are gorgeous!
Next?

Image hosting by TinyPic

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Let's See Some Photos!

Okay, you guys! Just decided to keep posting photos until somebody gets sick of seeing them and does their own!! LOL

Need some "cheap" art? These handprints from our three kids and one grandchild hang on our kitchen pantry door. They were made in kindergarten and first grade of our three kids. Kids are now 37, 33 and 30!

The other grandkids are on another wall. Hope we don't have but one or two more. We're running out of wall space! LOL
Image hosting by TinyPic

o

My friend and I painted my kitchen floor several years ago. It was an avocado green vinyl floor. We took several spray bottles of assorted colors of diluted paint and made random splatters all over the base coat of porch gray. Then I used several coats of polyurethane on it. It lasted five or six years, at least, until I could afford to have a tile floor put down. Cost? Paint and two pitchers of margaritas! LOL
Image hosting by TinyPic

o

You're doing a good job! I don't have photos of anything I've finished. I like to see to see what others have done.

o

When I get my doors done I will post them. I'm still trying to decide on 4 7 x 11 squares or 2 7 x 22 [or 19] I had another suggestion from someone at the KT that was a good idea to get some fabric and use starch and put it on the doors. So I will heading out to see what fabric I can find that might match.
Have a great day!
Sydney

o

These aren't as creative as yours YaYa, but it's all I got right now. *S*

Picture on the left shows my telephone table which was a dark green when I got it, I painted it with lots of white paint, added the wood piece on the front and recovered the seat with fabric from an old dress. The lamp is a rummage sale find for $2.00, the chenille spread I found at a flea market for $5.00. Second picture shows my wicker chair ($5.00 at a yard sale) with pillows made from an old chenille spread and another which is a stained standard pillowcase put on a wide short pillow, then just wrapped around so that the pretty part shows. The shutters are just hinged together and set in the window. The table is the one I made from and old milk crate with legs topped with a piece of glass.

o

Here's a pic of my country cottage. It's full of trash to treasures.
Image hosting by Photobucket
For pics of the inside visit my album. I have posted this before on the Garden Junk Forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: my country cottage

o

Very cool Cheri!! I see some old chippy things I would love to have! *S* Is that an old cooler on your front porch??

o

Thanks Lydia, Yes that's an old cooler. A guy I use to work with gave it to me. I was soooooo excited. No one else at work thought it was great. Can you believe that?

o

Cheri,
I love everything you've done with your little shed(cabin).I'd love to have something like that ,but i can just see DH rolling his eyes. LOL
Kathi

o
RE: Let's See Some Photos! 2

Here's my chair lady i made from an old chair,a wig stand and some garage sale clothing.Un fortunately some low life stole it from my yard.I shared this on garden junk in i think 2003 or 2004.
Kathi

o
RE: Let's See Some Photos! 3

OOPS,forgot to add the picture!!

Image hosting by Photobucket

o

Kathi, she's adorabe. Sorry to hear someone stolled her.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here