Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Slipcovers vs. buying new furniture

Posted by sherman01 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 3, 11 at 15:58

Slipcovers or buy new furniture? I am remodeling my family room. We put new floors and painted. I didnt have much extra to be spending on new furniture. I recently purchased slipcovers to change the look of my furniture. I purchased the stretch fabric. I love the nice snug fit. I think it looks pretty! What do you all think about slipcovers? I bought mine from Sure Fit. The fabric is nice, thick quality. Here's what I chose... http://bit.ly/fLRS6n What do you think?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Slipcovers vs. buying new furniture

I think slipcovers are great for when kids are young as easy to wash. Save your money for other things. Does sound a bit like you are selling slipcovers & that isn't allowed!

o

I HATE stretch slipcovers... they never stay put! On the other hand.. custom made slipcovers are wonderful, especially if they can be machine washed. Unless you can make them yourself, they are not cheap. If you were limited on funds I'd suggest just buying a nice used sofa on Craigslist.

If you are happy with your Surefit covers then that's great! I have 2 sofas and a loveseat that are all slipcovered with custom covers, I tried the Surefit on a recliner... but it drove me nuts. :)

o

I've been researching cheap decorating ideas and tips, and using slipcovers instead of buying new furniture is one that I have come across many times. It sounds like they're working for you!

Here is a link that might be useful: cheap decorating

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here