Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Kitchen remodeling

Posted by Veggielover (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 21, 05 at 15:23

When we moved into our house a few years ago, The kitchen still had its original appliances. A double wall oven, a cooktop that someone had taken to a Auto body shop and had painted white, (eventually the avocado green started coming through) a cream colored formica countertop, and just a regular two bin sink.
Last week our new countertop, and appliances were installed, and all the old stuff is outside waiting to go to the dump. The only thing that the installers were supposed to take with them was the old countertop, which they told me was going into a dumpster. I asked them to leave me one half of the old countertop. I was thinking of making some sort of potting bench for porch.
Anyhow, My question is this, anyone have any ideas on what I can do with the sink? It's stainless steel, and about 33 inches wide. I dont think that I would use it for the actual bench itself, but maybe there is somewhere else I can put it to good use.
Thank you :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Kitchen remodeling

Oh I almost forgot!

Does anyone have any ideas on a nice backsplash for behind the new cooktop? I still have some old formica to cover up. The new counter top is http://www.avanzausa.com/selections/colors.aspx?id=/images/chips_400/Slate.jpg

Appliances and cabinets are white. I will see if I can get the hubby to post a picture for me.

o

I've seen pictures of potting benches with sinks in them. They were attached to a hose from the outside water faucet on the house. Of course, you only get cold water, but it's still a great idea.
Sheree

o

I LOVE the countertop that you chose! BUT, I 2nd Sheree's motion...Have the sink in the countertop table. For the catch basin just use a 5 gal. bucket. What about a pewter colored blacksplash- tile or a custom fit? Your kitchen sounds so light and airy! HAve fun with your projects!

Love, Jules

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here