Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What can I do with these?

Posted by edie3 (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 17, 13 at 15:08

These were given to me by a retired salesman. I think they are samples from furniture finishes. I have tons! Some even have plants and leaves embedded in them. These are 4"x7". Other designs are smaller. Of course my husband doesn't understand why I want to keep them!

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What can I do with these?

4x7 what? cloth, wood ,metal? Some kind of tiles? Do you have a pic? Sound like wood but don't know how you would embed leaves in it. resin maybe? We need ore info! Thanks, Jan

o

I thought I had posted a photo. What is the best way to post a photo on this site?

The samples are thin plastic,about the thickness of a playing card.

Let me try another upload.

o

I would have kept them too, I see potential!! Have you trolled around etsy?? I can lose an entire afternoon getting inspiration from some truly creative people on there! Hmmm, if they can be cut with some tool (dremmel?) and/or if you can write on them or emboss/engrave on them, I see plant tags, gift tags or card making ingredient.

o

Cut and drill holes then attach together loosely with jump rings and hang in window or mobile:)

o

they look to me like counter top finish samples. How about drilling holes at the corners, find large jump rings, and hook them together to make a "curtain" since you have so many, to cover a door way or window.

o

How about coasters.
Cut to size then glue cork on the back.

Glue to inside of a flat tray. Simple squares or you could do a design with birds and flowers or what ever else strikes your fancy.

Could also do same but use a picture frame and add a wood back and then add side handles to make a tray.

Or you could just do a mosaic and frame it.

o

Could you glue to stepping stones? They would make a wonderful mosaic design as a walking path through your garden and as vinyl pieces they would hold up well, even in your zone. They wouldn't last forever, but nothing does. Whatever you do they'll need backing of some kind. It's probably pretty thin stuff. They are so pretty. If you have sharp shears cut up the pieces and glue inside an old bird bath in a mosaic pattern. Would make great outside art, too.

o

I don't know how cutable they are or how sharp they would be but I see groovy house numbers!
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here