Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Defintely trash!

Posted by patty_cakes (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 27, 06 at 15:06

I don't know if any of you have bought a new dryer recently, but a couple of years ago when I had mine delivered in the box, I didn't realize there was also a treasure 'waiting to happen'. To keep the dryer from moving(I guess!)they used heavy pieces of curved cardboard that looked like crown moulding. Being the 'saver-of-junk' that I am, of course I saved them. When I was re-doing my PR a couple of year ago, I wanted to frame out my builders grade mirror, so painted this stuff gold, and hung it around the mirror using finishing nails. It's much more dimensional than crown, and thicker, also. Color me a silly! ;o)

patty_cakes

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Defintely trash!

Pictures please!

o

OOOh! That sounds neat and innovative! Yes, photo, please.

o

Silly, no...creative DEFINITELY. I'd LOVE to see pix. Might inspire me to gather up all kinds of packing materials..hahaha.

o

Thanks everyone! Hope you can view my album. You might not recognize the PR as there is a drapery swag over the mirror, but you can see the packing material up close. You don't think i've gone over-the-top in here, do you? LOL LOL ;o)

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2134408447&mode=guest

patty_cakes

o

Pattycakes, I LOVE your place. It's decorated much like my house. The mirror frame turned out great! I used that stuff once for stuffing in a valance. I only had the skinny curtain rods, and the valance had deep pockets, so the packing material slipped over the rods perfectly and I got the look I was after.

o

It's wonderful. I also love the shallow black ledges with the books facing out, and your many other wall ideas. So clever.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here