Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Project Photos

Posted by sistersunnie (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 28, 07 at 14:08

These are all projects I either rescued and refurbished or reconstructed into something else that was useful or decorative. I didnt pay for any of it. Either dived or found, or were rejects from thrift store, family or friends. Most were given as gifts this Christmas and a few are home waiting for finish for my house. This is my first attempt at photos, so bear with me and let me know if theres problems.

I am so inspired by your efforts and these projects have been a benefical outlet for me in a less than great time in my life.

Thanks-sunnie

Here is a link that might be useful: Sunnies Projects

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Project Photos

Wow, you did great jobs on all of your projects. I would have never thought to turn a foot bench around and use it as a shelf, what a great idea.

Sal

o

Actually that isnt a footstool/bench. I salvaged several upright pew ends from a church about to be leveled. They were carved(pretty primitive) and the wood was mostly rotten. Sawed off the good parts and used them for the upright part of the shelf, then added old trim, etc to finish it off. The nut with his head on the shelf is a good friend, and a pastor-so he got a kick outta the story and origin....

o
RE: furniture photos

The chest and sideboard were literally in pieces in piles. When my mom and stepdad bought some property, there was an old house/shack that had to be demoed and the pieces were in it. First we thought we would use the pieces for different projects, then figured we could use the challenge. Putting them back together, repair and refinish was such a satisfaction. One gets used as it was intended in my dining room and the other as a television cabinet in my bedroom.

o

Great job! you do really great work.

Hazie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here