SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mini_me_gw

4 poster bed?

mini_me
17 years ago

Haven't been here in so long and I sure have missed it :)

I have a 4 poster bed- it is done in cherry (also have a night stool, 2 dressers & step to match) but we bought this for a different house- about 20 years ago. It is a HIGH bed & looked great in the other house. This bedroom is much different & it looks HUGE in it. AND, the metal rails (holding the mattress/box spring) don't seem to fit into the slats all the way now? Not sure what happened but they seem to not "clunk" down into place firmly- thus making the bed wobbly.

I would like to NOT have the posts so high- at least on the end of the bed. The only place to put our TV in there is right there where I have to look through the POST :) Also- the high end is what makes the bed look so big in there. I would also like to have the wood LIGHTER if at all possible. The cherry fit the other home but everything is the oak trim here.

Any thoughts on what I could do to change the look of this thing? I can't really afford a brand new bedroom set right now (& live in an area I won't find good used beds)

I am really stumped! Not sure if I should just look for a new set or id there IS something I can do with this old thing.

Thank you so much for any thoughts you may have!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
SK Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Loudoun County's Top Kitchen & Bath Designer I Best of Houzz 2014-2022