Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What are your weekend T2T projects

Posted by robolady (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 17, 07 at 12:34

Do you have any T2T or craft projects you are working on this weekend. As for me, I'm trying to make this, or something like it.
http://www.scavengerart.com/images/portfolios/custom/thumbs/imageDEFsm.gif

Right now I have my main pieces picked and cut and I'm waiting for some paint to dry to start putting it together.

What about you???

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What are your weekend T2T projects

I have a lot of projects I want to do, but time is limited. I did just finish this box. I keep my seeds from The Seed Exchange in these and I just made my mom one so she can keep her craft paints in it. We have four children, so we have lots of shoes to buy which leaves me with many shoe boxes. I only like the ones with the attached lids, though.

Then I also found these tables this year in the trash and I'm going to tile the tops hopefully over the next few weeks. My neighbors gave me their leftover terra cotta colored tiles and I have some paint, so what a freebie T2T project! I think I'll use the one outside between two lawn chairs on my deck and the other in my bathroom next to my tub to hold a plant and a candle. They're low to the ground, so it's hard to use them as an end table, etc. I don't know how well the one I'm putting outside will hold up in the weather, but we'll see!

I love your project! Are those shutters?? I have some of those and was thinking of making a table with a glass lid top and putting a light to shine up through or putting it amongst my plants on my patio with a candle in the center of it to shine through.

Alicia

o

Love those boxes, what a great way to re-use. Now about those tables, love the tile idea. I found this, and it's cool. You might want to see if you can try something like it. Wouldn't be free though, Printer's type is expensive, unless you can find a deal.

here's another version

o

I love that one picture. I can't make out the other one. Where did you find those pics at? I'd love to see the other one. I don't care so much about the money aspect of it. I just thought since I had all of the items here it would be easy. I really like that top picture. What is that on there?? That is so unique! I love it.
Alicia

o

here are both web sites. They used Old printers type. On ebay search under printers type and letterpress for them.

Here's the web sites.

http://www.theoldprintingshop.com/furniture/default.aspx

http://www.theinspiredmaker.co.uk/
On this one, click the "virtual tour" underneath the picture on the first page. Then wait then move your mouse around on the picture on the right, hold the left button down on your mouse and the picture will move around the room. The Coffee table is directly under the camera, and you can get a good view of it. of it.

o

That's so different! I'll have to go to Ebay and check out what's on there. There's also a really neat store in town and they have things relatively cheap, unless it's an antique. They get things from businesses going out of business and estate sales. So I'll also have to watch there to see if they ever get any of the printers' type in. I really like that look for the tabletop.
My father-in-law had given me a printers' type case and I made a table with it. It just so happened that I had a base that the tabletop cracked, so voila! I used the case as my top and had a piece of glass cut to fit on top of it. I just need to stip the base someday and stain it a lighter color.

BTW, I went to your My Stuff site and wow! You have some amazing finds and have done some great things with them. Wish I had a barn to store all of my finds in!! I also bought a book that you had posted on your page. "Salvage Style: 45 Home & Garden Projects Using Reclaimed Architectural Details" was the name of it.

Alicia

o

No, I haven't received it yet. I should in the next few days, though. I can't wait. I dread winter and I'm so ready for spring, so to pass the time I like to browse through books like that and do some T2T around here. Now that I know it's your favorite, I'm really excited to get it!

I have an idea that I'm going to put into play with some spindles I've had for years in a box. I got them at a garage sale a few years back for $5 and left them sit because I wasn't sure what to do with them. I got some great ideas off of here, but I'm in need of some more trellises for all of the seeds I got from The Seed Exchange. So I'm going to take some scrap cedar wood we have and make ladders using the cedar as the sides and use the spindles as my rungs! I can't wait until they're done. The cedar is in my shed and there's so much snow in front of it, so I'm hoping it warms up here (PA) to melt the snow to get the wood out so I can cut it and get going!

I think I might leave the table as is for now. You're right. It doesn't look bad. But painting WOULD be a whole lot easier! I've stripped many of things in my time. Even an old trunk that had glue all over it, not to mention all the canvas off of it.

So how did you make that page of yours? I would love to have a "my stuff" page to post everything I've done. Now that my kids are getting older, I can now post pics of everything I've done over the last 15 years. :))

Nice talking to you!
Alicia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here