Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
also seeking button ideas..

Posted by mollyjanea (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 12, 06 at 12:26

looking for ways to use my zillions of buttons for bracelets or any other jewelry or crafty items. any instructions or ideas out there? thanks, molly again

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: also seeking button ideas..

decorate shoes with buttons and lace
deco a christmas tree
a valentine wreath

o

I think you should post this on the Craft and Decorations site. I have used buttons to make push pins. They are really cute. I used liquid nails for the glue, it holds great. Mary Ann

o

Mary Ann, you are right and i will! thanks, mja

o

I saw a really cute idea in a mag. They took the buttons, glued them onto colored dowels(resembled flower stems) them stuck them all down in a clay flower pot and added moss to the top. So you had a pot of button flowers! I thought it was cute!

o

At craft club this morning a lady showed me her necklace. It was pearly beige buttons on 1 side(all the same) & other side was pearly brown buttons. It was made with black cord maybe quilting thread or heavier, They went through 2 of the 4 holes in each button. it looked great!! They simply knotted it at the end. At Christmas I saw someone on GJ conversations or Crafts & Decorations that had made 2 "trees" of old buttons.I used a 12 in. Styrofoam cone & gold colored 20 gauge wire cut about 2 in.long for each button & ran through each button, on some plain ones I put smaller button on top & larger on bottom. I started at top & used very small antique & other buttons & worked down using some "garlands" of 8-9 buttons in that shape going around at a curve & down like a garland.If I had to glue anything I glued only the wire & not touching the buttons so I can reuse them if I ever want to. I was very pleased with results, it is beautiful, I had a few pieces of broken jewelry or single earrings, those I had to use little pearl bead on a straight pin to attach. Hope to get some pics before too long but DD is taking her time getting my pics straightened out!! Jan

o

I sew lots of them in a yoke pattern on tee shirts and denim jackets. You can also make easy bracelets with colored buttons on elastic thread.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here