Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
got squirrelly and gathered nuts this morning!

Posted by sistersunnie (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 22, 06 at 12:05

I guess the encouragement got me to thinking about some projects lying around unfinished. On my way to work this morning I was wondering where I could find (cheap) some finials for two different projects. It was trash day (can you see where this is going?) and I noticed some of the goodies set out on the curbs.....went by a four poster headboard and footboard.....about a block down the light bulb went on! Those acorns on the tops of the posters would be perfect finials.....whipped around and skidded up to the curb just blocks ahead of the trash truck. Wrestled with the large pieces, stuck them in my honda and made a clean get away.

I know realize that I am going to have to cut the posters off BEFORE it will come out of my car, contents were packed under pressure and with massive doses of adreline! My daughter will roll their eyes and my staff thinks I'm nuts! The trash men got a great laugh and I got 4 wonderful acorn finials!

Thanks for the motivation!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: got squirrelly and gathered nuts this morning!

Yea, Good for you!!! Sounds like you got some great finials!

o

LOL I love the title of your post. Sounds like you were having a great time. Isn't it amazing how the adrenaline flows!? LOL

o

Glad to hear you are "up and at 'em"!

Not long ago, I went to a yard sale, and across the street was
a homemade drop leaf table, painted like a watermelon slice, that someone had set out for the trash. The trash truck was literally breathing down my neck as I whipped that baby up and put it in the truck.

I didn't want it but gave it to my friend, who stuck it in her shop and sold it for $10 the next day, and gave me the ten.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here