Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Curb Shopping Acquisition

Posted by des_arc_ya_ya (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 20, 08 at 12:01

Haven't taken a photo of it, yet, but yesterday I stopped and picked up a baby changing table. It's old, white and just loaded with turned type spindles. Think it has a LOT of possibilities!. Hmmm...can't believe ANYBODY would put a thing like that out by the trash pile! LOL

What have you scored lately and what are you gonna do with it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Curb Shopping Acquisition

Excellent Score! I have 2 changing tables (not from the curb but very cheap at GS). I turned one into a potting table; will do the same for the other and probably try to sell it. Haven't come across any good trash pickin's lately probably due to the weather.

o

It's too cold here yet for folks to be cleaning out and hauling stuff to the curb.
I'd love to find a changing table like yours for my bathroom. I think it would make a great place to put towels and other goodies in baskets and jars.

o

I trashpicked a changing table and made a recycling station out of it. Underneath the top I set the large rectangular glass and steelcan receptacles cause they are tall. I use the top for 3 plastic milk baskets (trashpicked also!) for newspapers, magazines, and miscellaneous cardboard. It saves a lot of space in the garage.
Alice

o

Not a curbside find, but I did take a 4 poster bed that my daughter cracked, and turned the spindles (Posts) into a garden trellis. The posts stand about 31/2 ft. (the headboard) and maybe 2 1/2 ft. (the footboard). I set them into a 18" square, connected at the base by sawing the slats into 2" wide strips and joining the posts with those. Then my DH strung wire in an X between the slats and strung it through the top of the posts where they are spindled. It looks fantastic! I cannot wait to try it out!

o

Refused Reused takes your unwanted broken furniture from bulk trash, makes the necessary repairs and then donates it to homeless shelters across the country. Have you ever thrown out a couch because it was old or had some ugly stains? Refused Reused collects the cushions from couches and sofas and after sterilizing the foam, allowing them to dry and adding new fabric, the cushions are then donated to animal shelters for dog and cat beds. Want to know more? Look for Refused Reused on the web.

Here is a link that might be useful: Refused Reused

o

yes i found can you believe this, a small fridge that works!! Also found two sets of bifold doors, 1 cafe door,
wooden wicker chair, metal table base,three oak drawers.

Now I must get busy!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here