Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vintage Postcard - Pics

Posted by craftylady-2006 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 10, 07 at 10:28

These are pics of a Vintage postcard I picked up at an antique store. The first pic I "lightened" up in my photo program and in the second pic, I left it alone so there is no glare from the flash. There were several of them with the same embroidery and lace flap in different colors with different types of flowers and some had "France" on them. They were all signed "Charly" to his Love, "Olive" although this one does not have her name on it. And although not postmarked, the date of 1917 is written on them. This Gentleman must have been in France in WWI and bought them for his Sweetheart back home. How Romantic! I have another on hold at the antique store. --- Sal

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vintage Postcard - Pics

The postcards are wonderful. What a great find!! Linda

o

Marvelous-- thanks so much for sharing, Linda! I love old postcards but have never seen any that are partially fabric and carrying a calling card like that. It's fascinating. Truly Victorian!

--Jenn
http://web.mac.com/thriftshopromantic/iWeb/

o

Beautiful,I've never seen any like that before. Way to go :)

o

How romantic. They sure don't make 'em like that anymore.
I love Victorian things - you got a great find !

o

Oh WOW crafty! Those are amazing! What a find.
I have never seen anything like that.
Just beautiful!

Hazie

o

Awww...man! Those are neat! I just can't help wondering how the story of Charley and Olive ended. I hope they married, had children and lived a happy life. Wish you could locate some of their family but "Charley" isn't a whole lot to work with, is it!? LOL

Enjoy - they are beautiful!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here