Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What to do with two legs?

Posted by sweets98 (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 23, 06 at 9:16

I need to find a use for two table legs that I have. Almost three years ago now DH and I took an old fake wood desk that his step mom gave us and we cut the desk part off and just kept the drawer side to make DD a night stand and to have more storage for her. I saved the legs because I knew they held such promise.

I thought about a small table or something but there are only two legs...how will I get it to stand up? I have another different but much skinner leg here, too and I thought I could always put it in the center in the back for extra support and do some small shelf across the bottom?

Have any other ideas for them?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What to do with two legs?

Two legs - two tables. I've seen some really cute one legged tables. There are various shapes. I think a triangle corner table for decoration only would be neat.

o

How about attaching a shelf (table top) to a wall with L-brackets or decorative brackets and attaching the legs on the opposite corners. It will look like a table pushed against the wall.

If you want to use one leg only, cut the shelf into a semi-circle and center the leg on the round edge. This way you can make two matching tables.

o

Could you put your two fancy legs on the front of a rectangular table, and put two plain 2x2 or 3x3(depends on the size of the front legs...make them balance visually) legs on the back side?????

o

Are they decorative or plain? How long and how wide? My sister has used them as candlesticks, in the ways mentioned above, as dowels for a towel holder, cut them to shorter lengths and used them as legs for a counter top shelf.

o

I've seen a lot of tables that have fancy legs on the front and just straight legs in the back, if you are wanting a table.

I have old,old legs from kitchen tables. The are turned legs with the paint peeling and chiping.

One of them I put a base on and about a 6 inch square top. I use it like a fern stand. Sometimes with a plant or sometimes I perch a weather bird house on it.

patti

o
Sweet98

I know your is sweets98....but I noticed your screen name after I hit submit.

When I was a teenager....Our most popular rock station was "Sweet98" it was 98.something (can't remember anymore) on the dial....(no digital in those days...lol)

Ahhhh memories...

patti

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here