Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
sewing table base w/wood ironing board top

Posted by sherree (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 12, 05 at 7:35

This project was one where someone came to me and wanted me to do a table with this ironing board top. the base i got at an estate sale and they already had the wood ironing board top. i just spray painted the base and distressed the ironing board with a kit i had. this is a pic if it in her house.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: sewing table base w/wood ironing board top

Kewl!!! keep all those great pictures a comin'
Sheree

o

I h ave 3 boards and one base and never ever thought of puttin a board on the base!!! Now,,,, do I have room for it??? this is beautiful and clever!!!

o

I've got a base and am building a table top of antique southern yellow floor planks for it. It will be my sewing table. I also have the drawers and have used 2 of them so far by putting in 3 tall pillar candles; one of which is filled with river rock and the other stained glass tiles.

I get a lot of compliments on both.

o

years ago my husband brought home 4 old sewing machines from Home Ec class discards....I only kept one and not the machine...I had enough of those in high school...ha ha.
But I did keep several of the drawers and just stack them on top of each other at an angle for display...can hide all kinds of stuff in them up on a shelf, lol. Mostly sewing supplies.
My MIL gave me a wooden ironing board long ago and I just leaned it again a corner entertaiment shelf to keep the little ones from getting behind the shelf and pulling cords...their little hands can get anywhere.

I also saw somewhere that someone used a metal ironing board to make a yard angel...they used scrap lumber for the arms and did not say what they use for head and wings, but I can improvise...I saw one around the corner in the trash and will get tomorrow if there. did not want to embarass the GS with his friends living there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here