Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
any suggestions on this curb find

Posted by twomonths (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 6, 07 at 2:51

slipping over from GJ to see what you guys can come up with..ideas for inside and out I guess....had a few ideas but????? No mirror in it at this time. June

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: any suggestions on this curb find

Refinish the wood and paint a picture, or use pictures of the family and cover w/glass. I am not to creative, however that is a great piece to work with
Cara

o

Wow, a great find, how about painting with chalk board paint to put in your kitchen and write your menu or to leave notes on. Or, cover foam core board with batting or foam and fabric, use in your closet or bedroom to stick your broches (pins) in. Or, take off the back cover, cut pexiglass the same size, use gallery glass for a stained glass look.

Whatever you decide, have fun.

o

Wow! Everyone has really great ideas! What a great find! Maybe you could fill the inside with corkboard squares and use pretty tacks to hang memos and things. Also, this would be a great place to hang your jewelry...I wouldn't put anything TOO valuable in it, but it would really showcase some vintage costume pieces!

o

That needs a mirror in it...If you try to do the bulletin board thing or make a chalk board or about anything else...it will scream.."Look what I found in the junk!"...
It's a very nice chevel mirror frame...It is crying for a new mirror. It doesn't have to be beveled float glass...but for about $25 you should be able to turn it back into a mirror.
Then do something clever, like putting it in your guest bath...by the front door, in a guest bedroom where the teddy bears can see to dress...or in your garage so people can see how they look when buying stuff ( I have a friend who does just that...between sales the mirror lives in the laundry room....and hides a basket of clothes to be washed.
Linda C

o

I agree with linda It is such a beautiful piece I would take it back to what it was really for (and I paint on everything so I shouldnt be saying this lol)love to see a picture with what ever you decide!

o

I have one of those someone gave me too! I am taking the mirror off to use in a dressing room, then using the legs (with dowel between where the mirror was attached) to as a fancy towel rack for my master bathroom.

I figure I can get 2 great pieces for one find!

Good luck with it.

o

That mirror frame would make the neatest picture frame...or sign..or table top in mosaic. The feet could be used for the base. But a chalk board would be the easiest..just add paint!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here