Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cupcake Tower from Dollar Store Items

Posted by txcountrygal (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 27, 11 at 0:40

I'm making a cupcake tower using dollar store items - a round pizza pan for the bottom largest tier, and metal burner covers for the other two tiers, with glass taper candlestickes as the supports and some old, repurposed wooden drawer knobs as the feet.

Here's a pic ... I plan to prime it and paint it with Heirloom White paint.
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cupcake Tower from Dollar Store Items

Looks great! Did you glue everything together? Very clever idea. Thanks for sharing!

Alicia

o

alicia - Thanks! I used E6000 adhesive (comes in a tube and I could only find it here locally at Ace Hardware).

I also plan to use beaded trim around each tier with colorful stones:
Photobucket

o

Nice! E6000 can also be bought at Joanne's or Michael's Craft stores. I like the trim beads! Hope you show us a pic when you are finished. Jan

o

Very nice. I like it. Also want to see it when you finish. Thank you for sharing. - Marylee

o

Can't wait to see a picture!

Alicia

o

Good idea. Love the little feet!
Kathy

o

I got sidetracked and still haven't painted it! I did put two coats of primer on it, though. Hopefully, I can get back to it this weekend! :) I'm very guilty of starting too many projects and having too many going at once.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Trash To Treasure Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here