SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marilyn_c

Well, his heart was in the right place....

marilyn_c
18 years ago

My husband and I have been married for 40 years, and together for 3 years before that. We don't exchange gifts between the two of us. If he came home on Valentine's day with flowers and a card or even candy, I would be ticked off that he wasted the money on something like that...I'd rather go to a specialty nursery and buy a shrub or go to a cemetary and take a cutting. The things I like, you don't find in regular department stores. Not to say that he doesn't give me gifts...and he has a knack to know just what I like too.

Anyway, in anticipation of some remodeling to the house, I have been wanting a soaking tub for the bathroom. As a junk afficienado of many years, I have some clawfoot tubs...um, 4 as a matter of fact, but none are big enough for what I want. I was looking at some tubs in a magazine...one was over $3,000 and the other was over $5,000, and that didn't include the faucets. Of course, I had no plans to ever pay any kind of price like that. Today when he came home, he brought me a tub...it is huge...old...

about 6' long and tho it doesn't sit on feet, it has a base, which is kind of interesting. He had it in the back of his truck, resting on a 2 x 6, so it wouldn't get scratched. As he tried to move it forward, he lifted it and told me to move the 2 x 6 a little bit. When I did, he set it down on my right index finger! It is smashed...I don't think broken, altho I am sure I will lose the nail. It didn't bleed hardly at all...must've cauterized the blood vessels by the pressure!

I know better than to not be careful when working around him...he can be very dangerous. He once called me over to the edge of the pond to help him untangle a minnow seine, caught in some weeds. Just as I walked up, he jerked on it, and it came free and hit me in the mouth with the broomstick that it was tied to. Chipped three of my teeth.

Anyway, I don't know when the bathroom remodel will take place...and actually, he bought me two of the tubs...will bring the other one home tomorrow. I will pick out the best one to use, and I guess find another use for the other one.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County